Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New beginnings

This post is actually done on Feb. 22, not the 14th. I had started a post on Valentines day, but never completed it. I just over-wrote it with this post, but the date did not change.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is funny how things work. Early last week, I had nothing going on as far as job prospects go. Then on Tuesday afternoon, I was contacted by 4 different companies wanting either a phone or face-to-face interview. Yesterday morning I had the last of the four. On my way home from that one, I was called by another of the companies and was offered a job, which I accepted. So now, suddenly, I am no longer looking for a job.
I have to get all the paperwork processed and, because it is a financial company, there are background checks that I have to go through, but I don't expect any issues there. We are targeting a start date of mid-March.
Suddenly, I have a bunch of freetime. I don't have to spend all my time on the computer looking for employment. I am planning on spending most of my time trying to get the basement painted. This is actually quite a large job since we are painting on paneling and I am filling in the lines of the paneling with spackling. I'm about 1/4 of the way there (just filling in the lines). I'm hoping to get this finished before I start working.
Am I excited for my new job? Yes. I just want to have all of the paperwork completed and get past that hump. Like I said, I don't expect any issues, but I keep expecting the other shoe to drop.
Ah well, just wanted to get this posted. I actuall started this post last Tuesday, but never got around to completing it.

No comments: