Trust. Everyone has a concept of what this means, even if that concept varies greatly from person to person. The definition for the verb is to rely upon or place confidence in someone or something.
I bring this up because I am questioning how much this applies in the business world. It seems that anymore, businesses are more worried about the bottom line that it is about the employee and that is causing me to question whether it is wise to trust a company too much.
The specific reason for this is a conversation I had with my manager yesterday. I was told the, due to my experience, at the end of September, I would be moving to a different group. I would need to wrap up the items I'm working on to prepare for the change.
At first, this didn't bother me. Change always causes some anxiety, but I try to be open minded and look at it as an opportunity. However, after a bit of time, the doubts start to come in. Is this just a ploy to get me to wrap things up so that I can be terminated? My wife says that no one would be that devious, but I'm not so certain of that. I have seen pretty disturbing things done in the name of taking care of the company. And since I'm a contractor, cutting me off that way is fairly easy.
No easy answers. Just keep moving forward with my eyes wide open.
I bring this up because I am questioning how much this applies in the business world. It seems that anymore, businesses are more worried about the bottom line that it is about the employee and that is causing me to question whether it is wise to trust a company too much.
The specific reason for this is a conversation I had with my manager yesterday. I was told the, due to my experience, at the end of September, I would be moving to a different group. I would need to wrap up the items I'm working on to prepare for the change.
At first, this didn't bother me. Change always causes some anxiety, but I try to be open minded and look at it as an opportunity. However, after a bit of time, the doubts start to come in. Is this just a ploy to get me to wrap things up so that I can be terminated? My wife says that no one would be that devious, but I'm not so certain of that. I have seen pretty disturbing things done in the name of taking care of the company. And since I'm a contractor, cutting me off that way is fairly easy.
No easy answers. Just keep moving forward with my eyes wide open.
No comments:
Post a Comment