Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blogging

There are times that I feel like I am being compelled to do something. I believe that God has a plan for us and there are things that He wants us to handle. When we need prompting, He will continually have a subject come up in our lives (this may be called by some coincidences). There is a book that talks about this called When God winks - I haven't read it my self, but it is on my to-do list.

It was this way with my heart disease; the issue kept coming up in different ways and through different people. I'm not sure if I acheived His goal is for me in this area (or maybe that is still to come), but I definitely know more about the subject and pay more attention to it both personnaly and with others.

Maybe this blog is what I am supposed to be doing and He used the heart problem as a way to get me writing.

What is this blog exactly and how did it come to be? Actually, it started with my wife looking into creating her own blog. She does some writing (which I strongly encourage) and was looking for a way to publish what she wrote. I have worked on the technical side of computers for years, so I looked into ways that she could set one up. I went so far as to set one up for myself, just so I would know how to do it. Since I had a blog set up, I figured I might as well use it. So here I am.

I am really using this more as a journal than a blog. I haven't told anyone about this and am not looking for lots of loyal readers (although I wouldn't complain if that happened). This is just a way for me to express myself and get my thoughts organized in a way that they might be useful.

So, to get back to my original point, do I think this is what I should be doing? Actually, yes, I do think so. Every time I sit down to write, it is not a burden. The words just flow out of me. I don't feel like I am forcing anything (the reader may disagree). If nothing else, this gets me to think.

Running update - I have run the last couple of days. Today I went fairly slow. I actually paid more attention to my body than my pace. If I noticed even the slightest pain, I slowed down. And I am still doing the run walk thing.

--Maddog

No comments: