Alright, here I am, writing much later than I had originally planned, as promised (not the late part, just the writing part). Again, I am on the computer, this time because my phone's battery was low.
I have set my goals! The site I used had you start with your 10 year goals, then set the 5 year goals to work with those and then set your 1 year goals. So that is what I did. However, I will only reveal my 1 year goals here. Not because I am embarrassed by my long term goals, but that all of my long term goals will be a product of my short term goals and are only being worked on by working on the shorter ones. I may refer to the long term, but that is only for clarification.
Goal #1: Post once a week on this blog - no explanation needed.
Goal #2: Renew my PMI certification - I am a certified Project Manager. I have had this certification for the past 5 years. Every 3 years, you have to re-certify. To do this, you simply have to prove continuing education or work in the project management field. You need 60 personal development units (PDU's)of this work to re-certify; no test or money (other than what it might cost to take courses, etc.). I entered this year needing 45.5 PDUs and I must renew by November of 2011. Progress: Identified and scheduled several free courses that I can take for 1 PDU each and have obtained 3 PDUs this week.
Goal #3: Get my Cisco Certified Network Administrator certification - In my work role as Telecommunications Manager, I spend a lot of time dealing with network issues. By obtaining my CCNA, I will be better prepared to handle issues and understand strategically where we need to go as a company. Progress: I checked out a book from the library on CCNA certification and am in the middle of the first chapter. I have also done some preliminary investigation into the certification test.
Goal #4: Prepare to enroll in a masters program - The long term goal here is pretty evident. This goal has several parts. It includes identifying what program I would like to get my masters in (business vs. a computer oriented program), identifying (and possibly taking) any prerequisite courses needed for the program, taking the GMAT if necessary. Progress: No progress on this goal.
Goal #5: Cook 1 meal a week - I really like cooking and want to improve my skills in that area. What better way to do that than to do actual cooking? Progress: I cooked a new version of Shrimp Etouffee this week. A bit disappointing. I was more like gumbo than the other etouffee I have made. I didn't dislike it, but was expecting something less soupy and thicker. I may try thickening some of the leftovers to see if I like that better.
So there you have it, my goals for the year. I may not achieve all of them, but if I don't try, I will achieve none of them.
Not much running this week - We (Boots and I) got out once. Maybe today we will go out.
-- Maddog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment