Today is a sunny October morning here in Michigan. I'm enjoying some coffee on the deck before getting into what has turned out to be a hectic Saturday.
I have volunteered to run one of the cameras at my church. We attend services at what people call a Mega Church. Services area held I an auditorium which seats more than 1000 people. There is a live band each week (mostly rock type music) and two huge screens on which the entire festivities are projected. I will be running one of the five cameras that are used to capture the production. Today is my first day and while I am not exactly nervous, I am a bit apprehensive. This is outside my comfort zone. Everyone who work on my team seem like they have been doing this a long time. Two weeks ago when I watched from the production room, the director didn't have to instruct the camera crew on what to do. They seemed to know instinctively. I know that comes with experience, but I am a perfectionist and want to run before I can crawl.
Later tonight (actually early tomorrow morning) I am heading to work to install a new piece of hardware. So it feels like this sunny October weekend is shot before it begins.
As far as my goals go, I am writing today, so check that one off my list. No new progress on my PMI certification - I plan on investigating more of the free courses next week. For the CCNA cert, I read some more of the book I got. I am planning on cooking Beef Bourginon tomorrow. The Masters program has had no progress.
Boots and I ran on both Tuesday and Thursday, about 3.5 miles each time.
I have volunteered to run one of the cameras at my church. We attend services at what people call a Mega Church. Services area held I an auditorium which seats more than 1000 people. There is a live band each week (mostly rock type music) and two huge screens on which the entire festivities are projected. I will be running one of the five cameras that are used to capture the production. Today is my first day and while I am not exactly nervous, I am a bit apprehensive. This is outside my comfort zone. Everyone who work on my team seem like they have been doing this a long time. Two weeks ago when I watched from the production room, the director didn't have to instruct the camera crew on what to do. They seemed to know instinctively. I know that comes with experience, but I am a perfectionist and want to run before I can crawl.
Later tonight (actually early tomorrow morning) I am heading to work to install a new piece of hardware. So it feels like this sunny October weekend is shot before it begins.
As far as my goals go, I am writing today, so check that one off my list. No new progress on my PMI certification - I plan on investigating more of the free courses next week. For the CCNA cert, I read some more of the book I got. I am planning on cooking Beef Bourginon tomorrow. The Masters program has had no progress.
Boots and I ran on both Tuesday and Thursday, about 3.5 miles each time.
No comments:
Post a Comment