We are facing possible big changes in our life.
My employer is a child company of a large German conglomerate. The proposal has been made to move the IT operations groups for all of the North American child companies into a new separate company. The CIO of my company as well as my boss were the leads in developing the proposal. The decision as to whether it will actually happen is in the hands of our German parent company. The decision is supposed to be made on September 17th. So we wait.
If this does happen (I seem to be starting every sentence like that anymore), it will mean big changes for at least myself and possibly my family. The new company would mean that my current job is going away. To be part of the new company, I would have to be hired in. If I am hired, it will most probably mean relocating to either Dallas, Atlanta or Charlotte, NC. Ann Arbor is also in the running, but it sounds like that is a distant fourth right now. So either way, if this happens, my life will change significantly.
And so I wait for Sept. 17th.
-- Maddog
My employer is a child company of a large German conglomerate. The proposal has been made to move the IT operations groups for all of the North American child companies into a new separate company. The CIO of my company as well as my boss were the leads in developing the proposal. The decision as to whether it will actually happen is in the hands of our German parent company. The decision is supposed to be made on September 17th. So we wait.
If this does happen (I seem to be starting every sentence like that anymore), it will mean big changes for at least myself and possibly my family. The new company would mean that my current job is going away. To be part of the new company, I would have to be hired in. If I am hired, it will most probably mean relocating to either Dallas, Atlanta or Charlotte, NC. Ann Arbor is also in the running, but it sounds like that is a distant fourth right now. So either way, if this happens, my life will change significantly.
And so I wait for Sept. 17th.
-- Maddog
No comments:
Post a Comment