My boss had me review the job description for the telecommunications and network manager for the proposed new company. Even though nothing has been approved, the people working on this want to have as much possible in place should they decide to move forward. So I was reviewing this job description for what would essentially be the replacement for my job and had to laugh because I could have used it to update my resume.
I like to think that this is a good sign and that my boss is eyeing me for this position, but am taking nothing for granted. I have started working on looking into the general concept for networks, firewalls and telecommunications. The reason for this is that I know the technologies we use inside and out, but the new company will be involved in different technologies. I don't want to know everything to the level that I know the current systems, but I do need to be better rounded to manage the technologies that are being proposed.
I have written for 6 days now. Not a bad start. I am not committing to writing every day, but I do think it helps me to look at how I am feeling.
-- Maddog
I like to think that this is a good sign and that my boss is eyeing me for this position, but am taking nothing for granted. I have started working on looking into the general concept for networks, firewalls and telecommunications. The reason for this is that I know the technologies we use inside and out, but the new company will be involved in different technologies. I don't want to know everything to the level that I know the current systems, but I do need to be better rounded to manage the technologies that are being proposed.
I have written for 6 days now. Not a bad start. I am not committing to writing every day, but I do think it helps me to look at how I am feeling.
-- Maddog
No comments:
Post a Comment