Thursday, August 26, 2010

Traffic jams and other emotional hazards

This morning I got up a few minutes earlier than normal, rushed through my routine and got out the door as quickly as possible. I wanted to get to work early so I could get some stuff done and head home from work by 4:00 PM.

About half way to work, I jumped onto the expressway. After a half mile, I see brake lights - not a good sign. After I passed the last available exit, I hear on the radio that there is an accident about a mile up in the construction zone. For some reason, I am terrible in traffic jams. I feel my stress level go up as I slow down. It drives me crazy watching people cruise up a lane that they know is closing just to get abed of the idiots waiting in line (like me). Well, after 20 minutes of mounting stress, I made it past the issue - someone on the other side of the expressway hit he concrete barrier moving it into one of our lanes. The police had the left lane closed. I made past and cruised to work, fuming that my plans had been destroyed and mad at myself for taking that route. I am still feeling the stress 6 hours later.

My wife doesn't understand why I get so stressed, and honestly I can't explain it myself. But I do need to work on it. Too much stress will kill me.

Just another thing on my laundry list of items.

-- Maddog BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: